What to do this Month:
March Program: Roses In Japan
The American Rose Society is one of the members of the World Federation of Rose Societies and in 2006 when Donaldina and others were in Japan, Dr. Tommy Cairns was President of the World Federation. Prior to that he was ARS President. Dr. Cairns lives in Studio City, California, and is the one who developed the rose food we all love, “Magnum Grow”
Our January program will be a demonstration of winter rose pruning for the fabulous spring blooms we are all looking forward to! President Terry Swartz and Master Gardener Lauren Kettenbach will demonstrate two different approaches to pruning. Both Lauren’s method and Terry’s method are great; it’s just a question of what you’re most comfortable with. We’ll have standard as well as miniature bushes at the meeting for this demonstration. Plus lots of opportunity to ask questions and see, first-hand, how to get your bushes in shape for the winter and beautiful spring blooms. We’ll also have handouts available to show and explain how and why pruning is done. It’s a great reference piece. This is one of the favorite meetings of the year, so come early with all your questions.
Rose Pruining & Planting Demostration
Rose Pruning & Planting Demonstration Free & Open to the Public Saturday, January 18, 10am At Reid Park Rose Garden Learn when and how to prune you roses for a fabulous spring bloom Sponsored by the Rose Society of Tucson & Friends of the Reid Park Rose Garden
Photo credits: Slide show photographs provided by Rose Society of Tucson members Danielle Fochs, Lisa Bunker, and Judy Singer. More photographs of Tucson-grown roses are viewable in our photo gallery.
- Horticulture Winners 2013
- Arrangement Winners 2013
- Photography Winners 2013
- Challenge Winners 2013
- Photography Rose Show Winners!
- Arrangement Rose Show Winners!
- Horticulture Rose Show Winners!
- Rose Show on KVOA
- Rose Society of Tucson’s Annual Rose Show
- April Meeting
- Our March Meeting – Ikibana Demonstration
- What to do: March
- What to do: February
- November Meeting
- October Meeting
- Notes from a Desert Hybridizer
- What to do: Sep
- What to do: August
- “Summer Mornings In The Garden”
- Judy Singer on Summer Heat!
- Jan Anholt on Rose Arrangements
- Lou Pavlovich on Exhibiting Your Roses
- Rosarian Les Hayt’s Rose Tips for April
- What to do: April
- Container Gardening in the Desert
- We have Roses for Sale
- What to do: February
- February Thrip Hater Highlights
- Pruning Tea Roses
- What to do: January
- Please renew your membership
- Welcome to our new website!