What to do this Month:
A Mock Rose Show at the November Meeting
Let’s Show Off Our Roses: November’s Meeting Will be a Small Rose Show
Bring Your Roses to the Meeting
Best of Show Wins a 20-Pound Bag of Rose Food!
When and Where? , Tucson Botanical Gardens
We’re planning a small rose show, just for our members and guests at
the November meeting. Everyone is invited to bring your roses to the
meeting. Lou Pavlovich and Terry Swartz will be our judges and
discuss all the entries with us as they judge each classification.
We’ve asked Terry and Lou not only to explain how roses are judged,
but also to discuss how each variety thrives in Tucson. As always,
they will answer questions throughout.
Here’s how it works: Bring Your Roses to the Meeting
Bring as many roses as you like.
Cut the stems as long as reasonably possible.
Keep your roses fresh, bring them in water—a bucket or container.
The Rose Society Will Provide
Vases to display each rose separately. water for vases
Entry tags for you to fill out, you provide
-Name of each rose
-Classification 1 through 4 (see below)
(If you are not sure of classification, we will help you with that)
The Fun Begins
Once all roses have been entered, Lou and Terry will discuss each
entry. They will explain what ARS judges are looking for—form,
freshness, color, etc., and answer questions.
The Winners Receive Prizes !
· First place ribbons will be awarded to the winners in each
of the 4 classifications.
· Best of Show winner will receive a 20 pound bag of Miller’s Rose Food.
Rose Show Entry Classifications
Class 1 – One Hybrid Tea or Grandiflora, exhibition stage, disbudded.
Class 2 – One Floribunda, single or spray.
Class 3 – One Shrub rose.
Class 4 – One Miniature or Miniflora, single or spray.
Photo credits: Slide show photographs provided by Rose Society of Tucson members Danielle Fochs, Lisa Bunker, and Judy Singer. More photographs of Tucson-grown roses are viewable in our photo gallery.
- Horticulture Winners 2013
- Arrangement Winners 2013
- Photography Winners 2013
- Challenge Winners 2013
- Photography Rose Show Winners!
- Arrangement Rose Show Winners!
- Horticulture Rose Show Winners!
- Rose Show on KVOA
- Rose Society of Tucson’s Annual Rose Show
- April Meeting
- Our March Meeting – Ikibana Demonstration
- What to do: March
- What to do: February
- November Meeting
- October Meeting
- Notes from a Desert Hybridizer
- What to do: Sep
- What to do: August
- “Summer Mornings In The Garden”
- Judy Singer on Summer Heat!
- Jan Anholt on Rose Arrangements
- Lou Pavlovich on Exhibiting Your Roses
- Rosarian Les Hayt’s Rose Tips for April
- What to do: April
- Container Gardening in the Desert
- We have Roses for Sale
- What to do: February
- February Thrip Hater Highlights
- Pruning Tea Roses
- What to do: January
- Please renew your membership
- Welcome to our new website!