Rose Show Tips
Our rose shows conform to the rules established by the American Rose Society. If you are a beginner, here’s what you need to know:
- It really helps if you know the names of your roses; we can’t help you place them in the right category if there is no name.
- Get a copy of the exhibition manual. This will tell you the categories for entry, and information like whether or not buds are allowed in that category. Yes, it’s picky, but not too difficult to figure out. The manual will be available online and at meetings about a month before the show.
- Come early. The doors usually open at 6am, and all roses must be submitted by 9:30am. We will have helpers who can get your roses labeled and entered in the right categories, but you will need to “groom” your roses yourself.
- We’ll provide the vases, unless you are entering an arrangement.
- Come to regular meetings scheduled just before the show [calendar] and we’ll answer any questions you have.
P.S. Good luck to you!